Sunday, July 28, 2013

I caught a pike, but let it go...

The hiatus is over and so is the fishing trip. I caught a pike, but let it go... There's a lot more fish in the sea from what I hear.


So before I get into all the craziness of what I've been up to these last three months I'll divulge why I stopped in the first place. Things were as close as paradise gets when I was living in Panama and Bocas will always have a special place in my heart. Unfortunately though it was where the straw broke the camel's back on the relationship with my mom (who stayed there). I didn't know what was too much information, and really didn't know how to explain, and was super angry and didn't want her to know anything about my life so I just froze and stopped writing on the blog and poured more into my books. The short story is I've tried everything I can think of and I have no more left in me to make the relationship functional and not hurtful.


I miss blogging though and the feedback to start up again has been great! It's such a fun way to explain what I'm up to, so I'm going to play catch up for the next few days. Wow, that was way easier than I thought, maybe a bit clandestine but at least I'm back at it, right?


Posts to come:
- books books books
- Tree planting
- moving to Thunder Bay (yeah, that's not a typo)
- road trip in the states (starting in Aug)

No comments:

Post a Comment