Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tuesdays with Morrie

This book has been recommended to me by many people and was placed in my hands last week. I like to think books have a perfect timing of falling into your hands just when you need them. This 176 page story is a worthwhile investment of time. It took me less the three hours to read (my kobo keeps track of these things for me)

It has very sweet things to say with blatant truths that will help you in life. I was captivated from the first page and hope you give it a try next time you see it.
(Or message me and I'll send you the pdf)

My favourite quotes that cropped up in the book:

"Without love, we are birds with broken wings"- Morrie
"Love each other or perish" - Auden

And the best one of all:

"Love is the only rational act" - Levine.

How sweet our interactions would be if we could all live by that and show compassion in our actions.

                     ***

I am doing a book challenge this year, check out what I'll be reading along with a bunch of great nerdy book appreciation links here

This month I'm doing all book/reading quotes on my photo quotes blog:
"Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself; to multiply the ways in which he exists; to make his life full, significant, and interesting." 
--Aldous Huxley 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment