Friday, June 10, 2011

Anatomy of an illness (As Perceived by the Patient)

I've had this book on my shelf since it was recommended reading for my holistic studies training at TAC. My step mom picked it up for me at a second hand book shop. It's only 160pages and a nice easy read that reaffirms a lot of what I learned in class.

It has some nice quotes and shares feedback from the medical journal article that Cousins published at an earlier date.
My favourite story in the book is about a pianist who after every sleep and nap can hardly move due to arthritis but upon reaching his piano and moving his hands to his favourite songs he becomes free of the pain and chains of his illness. That alone is worth the read.

If you don't have time to read it the most important lesson is to laugh your way through life and be assertive when it comes to what you feel is best for your healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment