Thursday, November 1, 2012

Heart Thoughts by Louise L. Hay


This is the prettiest book I've read. It's filled with colour, swirly designs and flowers. I picked it up in Paris and have been happy to bring it along to Panama. It's really like a hug and a positive reboot if you're in need of one. One page that's dogeared is the 
freedom page: "You can choose to be that part of your spirit that is totally free. If you can be free in one area, you can be free in many areas. Be willing to be free." 'Learning to be Free' has been my theme for the year. This book reaffirmed a lot of the things I had already learned at TAC but as Louse Hay often says "The work you are doing on yourself is not a goal, it is a process- a lifetime process." It's always good to have an influence to remind you not to 'should' all over yourself, be kind to yourself no matter what stage you're at. You are the only person with yourself 24/7-forever so you better learn how to be nice or it's going to be a tough going. If you don't have very positive self talk there's no better time to start than now. This is one of many methods to get there. The first time I heard about looking at yourself in the mirror and saying "I love myself" was probably Brian Tracy sales techniques. Sometimes that's a big leap but starting with "I like myself" is doable. That little whisper of words can start to change a lot of things, starting with taking less crap from people, having more confidence, or generally feeling better. It's a long process but so far a worthwhile one for me. Even if you think words of affirmation are not high on your list of needs I invite you to speak more positively to yourself and those you love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment