Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Literary Paris

Reading this book while in Paris put some novel romance and history into the places I was walking around. I got a glimpse of Paris through writers spanning different centuries. This beautifully put together book opened my eyes to places I wouldn't have otherwise visited. Like the Chapel St. Germain located at the Saint-Germain-des-Pres Metro station, line 4.

The famous cafes Lipp, Magot, and Flore occupy the nearby corners on the popular Rue St. Germain. Those cafes are noted to be frequented by Fizgerald, Hemingway, Joyce, and so many more! They are expensive places to dine and the decor matches the menu. I enjoyed Lipp and decided it was a fun place to splurge on a desert as a meal.

If you're headed to Paris or have just been and miss it's charm this is a nice book to romanticize the streets while picking up some facts. I didn't always love Paris but this book helped me see it through the eyes of very different and talented writers. This book transforms 'Tourist Paris' and gives her streets that "Je ne sais quoi"...

No comments:

Post a Comment